The program is started in 2006 for training of highly qualified specialists in the field of biological and ecological safety, biotechnology which could work within national and international projects.
The program contains unique author’s courses of lectures on biological safety, especially dangerous and socially important infections, etc. which are developed by the experts who are carrying out long-term research work.
In educational process modern material and technical resources and intellectual potential of the State scientific center of applied microbiology and biotechnologies of Rospotrebnadzor (State scientific center of applied microbiology and biotechnologies) are used. 3 doctors medical and 2 Doctor of Biological Sciences 2 candidates of medical and 5 Candidates of Biology of the Center are engaged in training of masters: microbiology, genetics, biotechnology, medicine.
Main directions of scientific research:
- epidemiological surveillance behind especially dangerous and infectious diseases;
- diagnostics, prevention and treatment of infectious diseases of a bacterial etiology;
- development and improvement of production technologies of medical immunobiological medicines for prevention, diagnostics and treatments of especially dangerous and socially important infections;
- biomedical aspects of especially dangerous and other infectious diseases;
- development and application of innovative methods of diagnostics of causative agents of infectious diseases;
- use of modern bioinformation methods of the analysis of a genome and proteom of microorganisms.
Practically all State scientific center of applied microbiology and biotechnologies laboratories, including department of collection cultures on the basis of which the State collection of pathogenic microorganisms is created (State collection of pathogenic microorganisms – Obolensk), the vivarium equipped according to modern standards for work with small laboratory animals, including SPF animals, trial production of nutrient mediums and diagnostic medicines are involved in educational process for carrying out research works.
Students at faculty gain theoretical knowledge in the fields of microbiology, genetics, biochemistry, biological and ecological safety, master modern methods which are used in various areas of basic biological researches and also profound knowledge in the field of informatics and foreign languages, participate in the scientific Russian Scientific Fund, Russian Federal Property Fund projects, etc., projects branch and federal target programs.
The main directions of research
– Epidemiological surveillance of especially dangerous and infectious diseases.
– Diagnosis, prevention and treatment of infectious diseases of bacterial etiology.
– Development and improvement of production technology of medical immunobiological preparations for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of especially dangerous infections.
– Biomedical aspects of especially dangerous and other infectious diseases.
– Development of new principles and methods of indication and identification of pathogenic bacteria, diagnosis and prevention of especially dangerous and other infections.
– Information support of scientific research on especially dangerous infectious diseases.
– Biosecurity and counter-bioterrorism.
Achievements, important discoveries, inventions (in the last 5 years):
– Manufacturing technology revertase (state prize).
– Advanced technologies of production of anthrax and abdominal typhoid vaccines.
– Cooperation in the development of domestic production technology of genetically engineered human insulin.
– The creation of bacterial preparations and technologies of their application for protection of agricultural plants from harmful insects.
– Developed an experimental murine model of chronic/latent tuberculosis can be used to test new TB drugs.
– NMR-relaxometer analyzer “proton-20” control of biotechnological manufactures.
– Conducted expedition to the nature reserves of the Russian Federation, the collection of non-pathogenic fungal and bacterial strains, including identified producers of biologically active substances.
Almost all laboratory srcamb involved in the educational process, namely:
Department of especially dangerous infections – equipped bacteriological laboratories of Biosafety level 3 (4200 m2) and 2, corresponding to the requirements of the who (license issued by the Ministry of health and social development of the Russian Federation valid till 09 Oct 2008).
Laboratory of Microbiology of the plague – the main activities – the study of molecular mechanisms of pathogenesis and immunogenesis of plague, the study of the biodiversity of the plague pathogen, the study of the structural organization of individual factors immunogenicity and pathogenicity of the causative agent of plague.
Laboratory of molecular biology – main activities – creation of a collection of currently circulating in Russia clinical strains of M. tuberculosis (containing at the moment 1200 units), the definition of the spectra and levels of drug resistance clinical M. tuberculosis strains received in the laboratory collection.
Laboratory biological testing: main activities – conducting preclinical and Toxicological tests on warm-blooded animals (mice, rats, Guinea pigs, rabbits, if necessary, other) preparations of chemical and biological origin. The laboratory meets the international requirements. Experiments on animals are conducted in accordance with GLP rules, under the supervision of the bioethics Committee.
Sector infectious immunology – basic directions activities – infectious immunology, cellular immunology, vaccinology, nanotoxicology.
Laboratory facilities (unique and new equipment): the Centre has ran has extensive laboratory facilities to conduct scientific research in the framework of the educational process, in addition the Center has well equipped vivarium for small laboratory animals, including SPF animals, and in the Center includes a pilot production of culture media and other diagnostic products.
The principal teachers, heads of scientific fields:
- D. Professor Dyatlov Ivan Alekseevich – has published more than 200 scientific papers and guidance documents, member of the coordinating scientific Council on sanitary-epidemiological protection of the territory of the Russian Federation, academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Federation.
Awarded the Honorary diploma of the Government of the Russian Federation, two diplomas, Ministry of health Russian badge “excellent worker of state sanitary and epidemiological service”, diploma of the Governor of Moscow region, certificate of Mosobldumy, medals of the Ministry of interior, Ministry of emergency situations medal “For merits before serpuhovskiy area”.
- D. Professor Anisimov A. P. – Honorary diploma of the Ministry of health and social development of the Russian Federation “For high professional achievements and great personal contribution to the development of molecular bacteriology”, the badge of the Governor of Moscow region “For contribution and dedication”.
Member of the editorial boards of academic publications: – “Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology” (indexed by Scopus and Web of Science), “Research Journal of Medical Sciences” (indexed by Scopus, “Molecular genetics, Microbiology and Virology” (indexed by Scopus and Web of Science), “In the world of scientific discoveries”, “Modern research of social problems”, Reviewer of several domestic and several dozens of international scientific journals.
Editor of the monograph: Yersinia pestis: Retrospective and Perspective. Advances in experimental medicine and biology.
The faculty provides training for masters (2 years of study) in the direction of 04/06/01 Biology in the educational program “Biological Safety”.
Upon admission to the magistracy, it is necessary to pass entrance tests at the course of general biology.
The master’s educational program includes fundamental disciplines in the direction and special courses:
- nanotechnology safety;
- environmental toxicology of nanomaterials;
- general toxicology of nanomaterials;
- immunotoxicity of nanomaterials;
- genotoxicity of nanomaterials;
- nanobiosafety of aerosols;
- especially dangerous infections;
- genetics and molecular biology of pathogenic microorganisms;
- indication of especially dangerous biological agents;
- problems of biological safety in the modern world;
- biological safety of biotechnological industries;
- drug resistance of microorganisms.
Graduate students combine the learning process with research work in the laboratories of the State Scientific Center for Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology of Rospotrebnadzor (SSC PMB). Perhaps employment while studying at the master’s program. Upon completion of the magistracy, graduates have the advantage of entering the postgraduate course at PushGENI or SSC PMB.
At the end of the magistracy and graduate school, graduates are invited to work by leading research institutes, research and production companies, specialized pharmaceutical companies and enterprises with high-tech industries.